My next craft fair is going to be held in the Ruby Lounge alongside fellow Manchester School of Art students and vintage fashion traders. Manchester School of Art are involved thanks to photography student Bella Probyn, http://bellaprobyn.blogspot.co.uk/ who has used her links with the Ruby Lounge to host the event. It's good to network whilst still at university and I am looking forward to meeting students outside my course.
A majority of students particularly Fine Art, Photography and Illustration are taking part in the fair to raise funds for their degree show. I am not doing the fair to raise funds specifically for my degree show but the money will go towards buying more materials, hence allowing me to create more designs and building a bigger collection for my degree show. I am doing this fair, first and foremost because I enjoy doing craft fairs! I want to learn more about the people who are interested in my work, and how I can improve or market my work to make better sales.
One of the benefits of working with other art students is that they are keen to advertise the event. Not only can posters be seen around the art school but the event has also been publicised on facebook. The other students have even created a mini poster showing everyones work, including mine! Many regular attendees of the indie night 'Remake Remodel' which is held in the Ruby Lounge have also been invited.
A showcase of students work at Manchester School of Art


No comments:
Post a Comment