Sunday, 16 February 2014

Tea Party at the Zoo

I have finally thought of a brand name!! I feel as though Tea Party at the Zoo definitely fits perfectly with my design work, I'm surprised I hadn't thought of it sooner!! I feel like everything is finally coming together now I have designed products. Tea Party at the Zoo will be my business selling fashion accessories. Unfortunately as this idea has come to me quite late in the project I haven't much time for branding and marketing but I do have some ideas that I would like to expand on in Unit X;
 
  •  Photo shoots - It is essential for my advertising to picture models wearing my jewellery scarfs. The photos will need to capture the fun nature of the brand.
  •  Lookbook - This will require me to learn InDesign but it will definately be worth it as a lookbook will increase sales and awareness of my work 
  • Business cards - this will be made out of my animal and print motifs and will be printed in colour.
  • Logo - I wish to illustrate the animals with my designs wearing my accessories. It would fit in with the quirky ethos of the brand. I am thinking something along the lines illustrations by Studio Legohead http://dog-milk.com/studio-legohead/#more-31333. In particular this stylish pooch wearing a Pucci scarf.
  • Social Media - The internet is a big place. I will need to create my own website and create an etsy store so people can access my work quickly and buy online. I will also maximize the use of twitter for net working.

 In between the Practice Unit and Unit X I will be attending a MMU Enterprise course which I hope will enable to make my business a reality. I shall also be applying to be a trader at The Teenage Market http://theteenagemarket.co.uk held in Stockport in April. It would be a good opportunity for me to only sell (hopefully) but also to network and gain exposure for my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment