I can't believe it has taken me until third year to print onto fabric, although there is largely due to material costs rather than have the ability or practicality to do it. Before now I wasn't so sure about the context of my work, so it wouldn't have made sense to print professionally until I had established my context. Printing onto fabric will be a regular occurrence now I am using my print designs to make scarves.
This is me preparing my giraffe design to print onto habotai fabric. It is quite straight forward, all I needed to do was to change my canvas size to the size I want my scarf to be (100cm x 100cm)and change it to a TIFF file. The scarf has cost £27 to make so I need to retail this scarf for at least £45-£50.
I have been researching Stella McCartney and Christian Lacroix scarves for Liberty to gain ideas for the size I would like my scarves to be. I have also been inspired to create illustrative borders for my scarf. I think its an important finish to the product.
Christian Lacroix for Liberty
No comments:
Post a Comment